I have a ridiculous amount of games, both on Steam and otherwise. I like your usual candidates; Pokémon, Kirby, Sonic, your usual indie games, but I also enjoy the really obscure and esoteric stuff. Weird RPG Maker games from the depths of itch.io and whatnot. The Good Stuff.
I also like ROM hacks, specifically ones that are strange and unique in some way. To this day I still yearn for a mainline Pokémon ROM hack that makes the game really strange and surreal, with Kube Kreatures: Bleached White (eyestrain warning) and Strung Up By Sketches being good examples of what I mean. (I'm a little anxious about actually linking these, but honestly what's the actual likelihood of a ROM hack being taken down because a tiny blog run by some rando linked it in a post lol)
Recently I've been playing Pokémon AlteRed, a ROM hack which type-swaps every Pokémon in the game, giving them new designs and names. I've been enjoying it so far, I love what they did with the designs (I will protect Yumpluff with my life,) and I'm really looking forward to continuing it and filling out my team more! I'm personally VERY fond of Pokémon hacks with Fakémon (for those who don't know, this means fan-made Pokémon, hence it being a portmanteau of Fake + Pokémon,) and will honestly tend to gravitate towards a hack more if it has Fakémon in it. Much less so if the designs aren't to my taste, but probably still a little bit. Thankfully, a good chunk of AlteRed's designs are VERY much to my taste.
I recorded audio of myself beating the second gym to put up as a kind of field recording single on Bandcamp, inspired by Shiny Hunting for Duskull in Pokémon Ruby for a Few Minutes by Trainer Yellow. I'll get around to that sometime soon hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment